Below is a list of the homework that the children at Archibald will receive in each of the different year groups in 2018-19.
EYFS: Nursery Children
- You and Me Books
- Reading Bag
- Number Fun
EYFS: Reception Children
- Letter Sounds
- Reading Books: Looking at the pictures and talking about what is happening is a great way to start reading!
- You and Me Books: A fortnightly task to be completed together that links to class work.
- Half termly Maths Challenge
Years 1 – 4:
Years 1 – 4
- Reading Books
- Half termly maths challenge
- Weekly maths homework (year 1 bi-weekly)
- Weekly Spellings / Spelling patterns
- Handwriting as appropriate
Year 1 You and Me Tasks:
- Year 1 – a bi-weekly task to be completed together that links to class work. This may sometimes be a half termly project.
Years 2, 3 and 4
- A half termly research project or task linked to the topic work
Homework Email Address
We have set up a new email address for all families to use to send homework projects into school.
The email address will be used to open the projects in school for your child to share with their class. Please ensure that the title of the email clearly states your child’s class and name.
- Please note that we will not be able to print out any projects; this is solely for accessing them electronically.
- The email address will not be used for any means of correspondence other than opening homework projects.
- The admin address is not available for homework projects.
- We are unable to open any projects sent in on a memory stick.
We hope that the curriculum booklets also inform you about what the children are to be learning about each half term and provide you with weblinks that can be accessed from home to support the children’s learning. These are sent out with the children at the beginning of the half term and can also be found on the website via the Key Stage pages.
More information will follow from the class teachers.