Thank you to all the parents who attended our Digital Literacy session.
The key messages- Talk to your child and visit www.internetmatters.org
The feedback for the session was very positive. These are just some of the comments from the parents who attended.
- Some really interesting tips throughout and the overall message of talking to our kids is key. I will be going on Internet Matters
- Websites + apps for further investigation
- Practical info about websites to use to control web usage. Scary stats!
- The options and programs that are available to help
- Passwords. Internet Matters. Reminding me to lock down router
- All the links to helpful sites
- The website recommendations and advice about parental controls on smart phones
- The tools that are available
- Insights to parental controls & threats
- All the links
- Very practical and lots of resources
- Where to find useful websites which will help engage with kids
Parents who attended asked for the handouts to be shared so please find them below.
Childnet_Supporting-young-people-online -advice from Child net
GEM education- all of Julian’s links and apps.
Thank you to Julian Hughes from Gem Education for delivering this very helpful session.